Friday, September 12, 2014

Being district leader is hard!

Mom,

I don’t really have time to write you a great email and you guys won’t be getting the letters I wrote you today, I’m so sorry I don’t have the kind of time I want to write you back appropriately, I don’t even really have time to read your email, if you would print it and send it to me I will write you back sentence by sentence while you are gone, it should help me cope with you not writing me!
Me and Elder Randall

So this week hasn’t really been cool, or had a ton of spiritual stuff that has happened to me, mostly it’s just the little things and the letters I'm sending, sorta talk about it. On Sunday I got to watch a video on temples and the power therein--I absolutely loved it! I love the temples, they are just the coolest of places and they make me so happy! I learned so much about how hard it was to build the Salt Lake temple and all the blessings that are there in, and how much I love eternal families. The idea that if I keep myself worthy I will get to be with you for eternity makes me so happy!  I need you for forever and I love you for forever!  I just felt the spirit so strong about the importance of the temple and the work done there. I love the quote you gave me about the law of consecration and how it is important to remember that this mission is the ultimate expression of that law and I’m doing my best to live it.
My district

Yesterday I had a real struggle and had to pray for quite a bit of time to God while I cried to him and just told him how I was feeling, I honestly didn't feel a ton better and still don’t, but I’m working hard and doing the best I can to keep going. I don’t know what I’m going to do with you gone next week! I get travel plans tomorrow and you guys are leaving, you never told me if you were gonna get me a track phone for the trip with four hours or something prepaid on the phone that I could just trash, it’s what I want you to do, but I’m not sure you have time for it, it would be a huge help to me if you can, but don’t stress too much. So you won’t even get to know about my travel plans tomorrow when I get to write you about it. Maybe you can get the grandparents to find me a track phone for the lay over, maybe I’ll write them about  it and figure it out since you are lame and will be gone!!!! Just kidding--it’s just hard for me to know that you will be gone my last week here in Utah because I’m selfish! I really hope you have the time of your life at Lake Powell!!!
Ate lunch at the main MTC--I'm currently losing weight--but probably not after today!

The place I go to class is just the exact same as my apartment, but with a white bored, we study in the separate rooms and get taught in the living room, a lot like the one that you have picture of our beds in, but with desks and stuff!

Elder Randall and I are doing okay, but that is far too complex to answer right now. I’ll write you about it in a real letter this week!

Neither Elder Killenguard or Sister Brough  are in my district, they are in a different one, but I do see them and they are fine people!

I’m not sure what the plan is for the glow in the dark paint, but I’m excited to use it! Nothing too stupid I promise!!!

For gym we have bubbles like they have at Surf and Swim. We have basketball courts, four square courts, weights and a few volleyball courts. We play volleyball a lot; we enjoy that as we go as a district.

The Tuesday devotional was pretty lame, but the director of choir was way sick and he talked about how we can’t afford not to serve a mission, but I fell asleep during the seventy’s talk....

I’m not really sleeping better, but I’m trying and yes I found my shaving cord.

I broke a light cover like this today while changing my sheets
This is blood from the glass that some how got me bad!
I love you so very much mom! You are amazing! I will miss you so much this week, make sure my friends like Jordan and Kema write me while you are gone or I might die or come home, I’m not sure. Lex is gonna be busy with collage this week so she can’t write me a lot so they need to pick up some slack for her. Please tell them to write me I need them!






Love your son and missionary.
Elder Jayson Benedict



Dad,
Kay so I don’t have a lot of time today, my district wants to go out to eat which is allowed, but they think its gonna take us more than an hour and it won’t, but I’m going to go and chaperone as the leader but I’m worried about it, 

This week has honestly been pretty boring, I’ve taught I think ten lessons or something, but that’s fake stuff, one of my guys is committed to baptism but it wasn’t as good as the last one, I wasn’t in the game that lesson, I study all the time for so long and it is so hard and being a district leader is way hard, I don’t love being a leader. It’s really hard and I don’t feel like I’m good enough, but hopefully God will help me. Sunday was way cool but I’ll write mom about that, I wrote both of you guys real letters but you won’t get them till next Friday and my emails are gonna be short today. Im super sorry, if you have any questions for me please just send them quick! I love you dad so very much. Don’t worry; mom is going to still get a good email I just feel like you can handle getting a slightly less good one!
Gabe Jasmer and I

You are an amazing father and I wrote about it in my letter to you, look forward to that letter, it’s a good one. I’m bummed I won’t get to hear from you this week and Lexy is gonna be busy with collage so just try to send me something or get grandparents to write me or get my friends. I get really lonely during the week and they need to write me when you are gone!

Love you tons
Jayson

No comments:

Post a Comment