Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes

22 February 2016

So this could be a little crappy email. I don't really have any time like I didn't get to email today because the zone had us travel for a big group thing and so its just been weird. I need to go buy some stuff for tonight so I need to get a run on. To answer the question about my companion…. last Monday I think it was, I thought I was going to literally put my fist through his face because he pushed me, I told him not to and then he did it again, I told him that if he did it again I would punch him, and then he did it again. I almost fell because of the dirt road and I was about ready to go in for the kill, but then I stopped and told him I wasn't going to move until he talked to me and we solved our problem—he just walked away. I sat in the dirt and just prayed for love and patience. Then I went and apologized and we talked for about five minutes and I still felt like he was mocking me even though he isn’t—he was just offending me, but a recent convert has told me that he needs to change a little because he got offended by him. It’s good since then, we have been better.

Monday so basically I was mad at the comp and then we went and talked to some really great members—I love to get the spirit back!

Tuesday we went and talked to Luis and Marianna and it was so good. I think they are married, but I'm not sure. They are living together and she is a member and he is not. We talked about what they need to do to get a answer. This guy is doing everything right, he just needs to ask and there we are, but I think he is a little afraid of the answer! Then we talked to the Funez family and it was awesome! 

Wednesday we had district meeting and it was good! I talked about commitments and I really liked it. I mostly just asked questions and let the class do the teaching — it was really awesome that way! Then afterwards one of the new hermanas named Barnson was really depressed so I have started talking to her a lot, and praying a ton for her. I said to God if He would take all the strength and the support he gives me and give it to her so that she could keep going in the mission. I will tell you that it really happened.  We did divisions with my companion that night I went to the Ribera, that is what it’s called and it was awesome! I taught some really great families that I love! Like one named Mauro and he is just so cool! 

Thursday we went and worked and all was well, but then I got a call from the hermanas and they asked me to translate for them because Barnson was really sad and her companion was like, “I will not let you go home after 1 week”. So we talked to Barnson about it and she said that she will give us two weeks. So more prayers and I'm sending scriptures and calling everyday and it has been good. We talked to a great menos activo that day and it was fun just to chat about all the motos and stuff like that! Way fun! 

Friday we went and worked in an other section of the area and it was good, but we lost a lot of time looking for people. Then we visited the Quiroga family and it was nice to finally catch up with all of them and see them. They invited me tonight to go over, but I can’t so they invited me tomorrow! I love them! :)  So hermana Barnso was still really bad the next day so we called her and talked in the night, and then on Saturday we went and talked to her and her companion and I bought us all ice cream. They work about 45 minutes from our are so we got the Funez's to take us there. I just talked with her for two hours and then the Funez's took us back, but I think it helped! I also was fasting for her the moment I left that place!

Saturday we  went and talked to a lot of great people in the north of the area and it was good and fun, but nothing really special. We taught one lady who is really mad at God… her name is Veronica, but we are working on it! Then I called Hermana Barnson that night and she was doing better, she seemed semi happy and we just chatted and it seemed all was well! I was so happy that God had answered my prayers and my fast and that she was doing at least a little better — it really made my day! 

Sunday we had a good church where I had to prepare the lesson in five minutes from a talk they gave me minutes before in the Elders quorum and it was good I think. I think it helped the members understand there purpose and how to be friends and help people that come to church! Then we had a really good chat with Jorge Cortez and he was like “Why am I still suffering and why is it still hard even though I'm changing and I’m trying to be one with God.” We talked about how God allows us to pass through difficult moments to help us grow… it was really good. I love that man a ton! And then today was good a long activity and 2 hours of travel, but now I'm here and about to go enjoy a lot of pig! 
I love you guys and I hope you are well. Please pray for hermana Barnson, she really is awesome, and I'm doing all I can for her. I know God wants her here, and that she can make it, and be a really, really good missionary! She just needs to have patients and trust the Lord a little bit. 

I love you guys to the moon and back and thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday!
I love reading them all and wish I had more time! 

I love you guys! 

Jayson

No comments:

Post a Comment