Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I love being a missionary!

3-07-2016

I can’t send videos they are too big for this email to handle, but when I get home I have a ton of videos to show you!!!!! 

So me and my companion talk, but when we are in the street and he says something to bother me I just don't react. We are getting along a little better now, but it is still not like a good relationship. He just never asks forgiveness ever, ever, ever... It’s probably the hardest part for me, he doesn't ever feel bad for it even though he knows I'm really upset, but I forgive him even still, at least I'm trying to...

So this is the World Wide 7 week transfer, so we are in week 5, so I have three to go, like 20 days and then I'm in the clear! So that’s awesome! Hopefully I stay here!! I love this area a ton—like really it’s the best!

No we tried to ask for it normally, but they didn't answer so I didn't think anyone was home or lived there! They were apartments that said rent on front so I was like no harm done, but there was a little harm done, but like its all over now.

The Ribera is a entire different neighborhood that doubles the size of my area. It would be from Uncle Don´s house to the church and keep going until Layton high. It’s big and it makes the work harder because we need to work there too. We never made it there this week... if you look up Villa Mercedes you will find it in google maps its right next door—Like south west of Centro.

She was struggling really bad, like it got to suicidal thoughts so that’s why she went home. The MTC wasn't hard for her, it was all the culture shock and having a latin companion and not understanding anything and not having hot water and just a lot of weird stuff that she wasn't ready for that lead to a lot of depression, but she really was so sic, look her up on Facebook, her name is Taylor Partrica Barnson. Really a great gal!

We did call those people and they told us they would be there and then they had a emergency, but they didn't have any credit on the phone to call us. People here pay for minutes in like credit and the people never have it, we always do so we can call as we want, but others can’t really call us because we work with people who don't have money... It’s hard to explain...

I did do better this week, we worked really hard and saw a ton of blessings for it, I wasn’t perfect, but I was blessed for trying! We had 10 lessons with member and then we have 7 new investigators!!!! 

Monday we taught the Funez family and their daughter and her husband it was really awesome, but we were there really late not by choice, but it was awesome and they for the first time seemed interested in listening to us! It was awesome!

Tuesday we went north and talked to some really awesome less actives who are really cool, but it was weird and hard to see some of the situations —like one kid cut off his thumb and he is way in the dumps about it, but we are going this week to go chat with him and try to help! 

Wednesday we went and talked to a member about her son that ran away recently and we really just listen and listened and listened. It was what she needed, to cry and tell us her problems and just vent to us about it all and it was like she was praying to God about the problem, but we were the ears.. It was cool to sit and think of how Christ must listen to us when we vent to him and tell him our problems and sadness and he is there to make it feel at least a little better.

Thursday we taught a lady named Noelia and it was really good! Me and elder Mendez taught her back when, but now we recently found out she is living here again and it was so cool to just chat with her and teach her. She accepted a baptismal date. It was so awesome! I loved it! Then a good lunch with a non-member, way awesome and then we talked to the hermanas who are stuck out of the area because Barnson went home, it was sad, but good. Then we had a family night with the Funez family and their daughter and son-in-law and taught about Joseph Smith and watched the video of the restoration it was awesome! Then ice cream and pizza — ahh yaa!!! 

Friday we had a meeting in San Luis that was good and fun and then we taught a family, but I don't remember where or what we did, but it was good I'm sure and it helped them I'm sure! :)

Saturday I went with Harold Funez on divisions and it was awesome! He was really struggling with some law of chastity problems and it was nice to chat with him about how he can talk to bishop and fix his life and get it all in order and what he needed to do to put it all in line. Then we taught 3 families— Jorge Cortez, the 10 commandments, Maxi and Sofia, prayer and reading, the family Disisares, prayer and reading and all of them came to church the next day! Way good lessons and I was way happy!

Sunday tons of people that haven't come in years to the church it was awesome, we had 8 from our efforts that made it to the church! I was so happy! Way awesome, day! Jorge cried in the gospel principles class and I was just so pumped for him to know he liked it! Then that the night we taught a family of less actives where the kids are not members the Puscamas and it was awesome! The daughter is mad at God for taking away her friend and it was sad to see that, but I was able to talk to her and help the Spirit testify of how she can be okay and accept it and she promised to pray! 

So it was really a top notch week!! I loved it all! I’m really glad I'm a a missionary. Sometimes it’s hard and it doesn't make sense, but it’s so worth it! God wants us to be happy! Even if the ex-girlfriend get married, or the people don't do what they say they will, its all worth it in the end because we are doing it for God! He will make our small strengths worth it all in the end! I love this gospel with all my heart and I know that this church is true and as we are faithful the Lord will bless us with the strength to keep going and to endure all trails! I love the Lord and I love being a missionary! 

I love you guys a ton and tons! 

Love, Elder Jayson Benedict

No comments:

Post a Comment