Monday, November 17, 2014

First Baptism!

So it has been a great week! And I’m doing pretty good! What did Kema and Becs come talk to you about? I miss them so bad!!!! Tell Tason that if he is close to the border he needs to find Raul--he is moving to Chili for a few weeks, to two or three months for work, so he has kind of dropped off our radar, but he promised to read his Book of Mormon we gave him while he is gone. If he does he is gonna either come back baptized or be ready at the least! Let’s go through the week before I spoil all your questions! Oh, and if that package is from me you, do not dare open it!!

Monday: We made banana bread that p-day when we got home and it was freaking bomb! I love banana bread so much and it was just nice to have a baked good in the house! We taught Alijandra and Pablo about the importance of reading and we are going to teach them again tonight and hopefully get them a fecha (date) for the 20th so that should be good! Also there were two super sluts of Argentina that were super gross, when they saw me and Elder Evans speaking English they said in Spanish, “Why don’t you come back to our place to talk about God? We will make you sin.” I have never been so afraid of Argentine women as right then!

Tuesday: I got my first besito on a bus, it’s the Argentine greeting and its where they touch cheeks and make a kissing sound, we aren’t supposed to do it but it happens to us sometimes. This girl knew English so I talked to her and her brother and she just did it afterword’s, honestly a weird experience, but I mean I’m pretty hot and these Argentines want these blue eyes, Lexy better beware ;) We then taught Gladis and she is crazy and just talks forever and ever it seems, but that’s fine we try and teach a little at least!

Wednesday: We really didn’t do much -- I had to do visa work and we didn’t really even finish that, but we did teach some menos activos (less actives) so that was way good!

Thursday: This was my three month exactly in the mission day! Woo-hoo, look at me! So with that we made cinnamon rolls they were pretty good, but not even close to moms so I’ll try again some other day! That and we planned a lot of the stuff we had to do for the baptism!

Friday: First thing we taught Raul and that’s when I found out he was leaving us and I was all kinds of sad, but its good he will come back and the next batch of chikos can get him! Then I almost fell asleep in some lessons because I’m so freaking tired all the time, but that’s okay! We then taught Alberto and his friend Maxi and we are hoping to start teaching Maxi’s family too and help them so I hope it all goes way good with all of that!

Saturday: We spent all morning trying to invite people and just get people out to the baptism and it was fun and then that night was the big moment and it went great! Franco and the family was forty minutes late but it was fine we still got it done. It took his brother Enso three tries but we got him in that water and he is now clean! It was great, the grandparents gave the talks and we just got to watch it all unfold! It was great! After words we celebrated with pizza and drinks! It was awesome!

Sunday: His parents didn’t even come to church to see him confirmed and we were way bummed, but that’s okay, then it was the primary program and it was way good! I liked it a lot, it’s the exact same but in Spanish and I was so focused on trying to understand the words I missed the bad singing! It was great!

So ya it was a good week for me and I am content with it all! Quick question, why and when do you dead head a flower? For Christmas I need more journals, baking soda, and an apron with maybe messages, or something--maybe the yellow one me and dad wore back when I was home?

 To answer all your questions:

  • My feet are doing really good and I have one blister, but I’m being careful! 
  • I don’t stay cool!! I’m just hot all the time and sleeping is so hard in the heat, we just have a fan we use to help and frozen veggie bags! 
  • We walk everywhere we go unless it’s to Centro then we take a bus. The buses are a little sketch but good! We can walk to all of the parts of our areas in a day easy, but it just a lot of walking. 
  • We smell rotting trash, they have ditches on every road and they have dead dogs or trash and just nasty stuff in them and sometimes they stank way bad! 
  • I shop to cook so I ask people where I can find stuff and it takes us about forty minutes to do it! We try to spend less than 200 pesos per week, so it’s hard when Nutella is 60 pesos and six eggs is 10 and stuff like that but I do good! 
  • Mendoza is not a ton different from home it’s just more ghetto and Spanish! 
  • In our yellow house I have a desk to study and eat at and all that, and then we have a small sleeping room too! 
  • My Spanish is good, I can talk to people on my own and usually just handle people now! 
  • Alberto is getting baptized on the 6th of December and he is really excited, but he does what I did during sacrament and just lays on his mom! 
  • You will get pictures from me when I get a SD card converter to USB--it should be soon  I hope! 


So that’s all I got! I love you tons and spoil my baby girl while I’m gone, okay?

Love Elder Benedict


Dad,
Being here in this country gives me such a realization of how fun you are!! People don’t get to do squat here and have to beg from the age of three. So to think of all the great things I’ve done is a little crazy... that and I just miss you--I miss your weird smiles when something happens and you would just make a big wide mouth face and it would always just be a classic dad thing and I miss it a lot. I think of stuff like that a lot and it really makes me miss you guys!

I’ll be honest the Holy Ghost doesn’t yell that often at least not to me. I would much rather live in Utah-- Cali is cool but I’d prefer Utah, and I think you should downsize--go buy a house or live with grandparents for a while and that will be fine, you would still be close to all of us and it would be perfect. I really will miss our house, but don’t worry about it! God will always provide a way for us. I have no doubt that with our prayers and fasting it will come out great! If there is anything I can help with from here let me know, I’d love to do it!

Dad, I really miss you, just please know that.  I wish I would have got to spend more time with you while I was home, but I can’t change that now, but know I miss you and think of you lots! 

Be safe and happy!
Love, Jayson

No comments:

Post a Comment